من أنا

صورتي
Assalam Alaikum I’m M.k the owner of the M.k Design .You will get more information about it through the blog. I think that what makes me special and different is my way in doing the things I made or write from my mind and doing them by my hands. Through my design, I like to use drawings and writing with some taste and inspiration. I’m sure that you will enjoy being in this blog. See you around through M.k Design blog. السلام عليكم أنا إم. كاي مدير شركة إم كاي ديزاين .وسوف تتعرفون أكثر عنها من خلال المدونة. تتميز تصاميمي بجمعها بين الكتابة ، والرسم والاختيار الإلهامي الذي يتناسب مع كافة الأذواق والأعمار.بإمكانك رؤية تصاميمي وكتاباتي عبر مدونتي (فكونوا دوما بالجوار).

الاثنين، 2 أغسطس 2010

Left Handed Language


Left-handers have been linguistically abused for centuries! There are hundreds of (mainly abusive) terms for left-handers.

There are a lot of sayings where "right" is good and "left" is bad e.g., "being in your right mind", "the divine right of kings", it will be all right in the end" as against being "left out", having "two left-feet", "a left-handed compliment" (one that is not really meant!).

Even the word for "left-handed" in many languages is very negative:

Language Word for Left Handed Meaning
Greek Skaios Ill-omened, awkward
Italian Mancino Crooked, maimed
Spanish Zurdo Reverse - No Ser Zurdo = Clever
French Gauche Awkward, clumsy
Dutch Linkshandig To "have two left hands" means to be clumsy.
German Links, Linkisch Awkward
Norwegian Kjevhendt Crooked-handed (also advised to us as keivhent, left-hander)
Swedish Vänsterhänt
Australia Mollie Dooker Something to do with having fists like a girl
Portuguese Canhoto
Latin Sinister

Dexter
On the left-hand side

On the right hand side (dextrous)

If you have any more words to add to this list or can help further with origins / meanings / alternatives, please add a comment below and we will pick it up.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق